State of Entrepreneurship 2014
For the past four years, the Kauffman Foundation has held a State of Entrepreneurship Address to examine issues critical to the growth of new and young firms. This week, Kauffman President and CEO Tom McDonnell will present the state of entrepreneurship in America and kick off the Foundation's "America's New Entrepreneurial Growth Agenda," which will highlight recommendations
for more prosperity.
The fifth annual address is streaming live from the National Press Club in Washington, DC on Wednesday, February 12, starting at 12 noon EST.
The 2013 State of Entrepreneurship Address offered a collection of policy recommendations to increase the flow of capital to potential high-growth firms through equity financing, public markets and debt financing.
Following McDonnell's presentation, an engaging discussion moderated by Engine co-founder Josh Mendelsohn will feature "Washington Wonks" pitching their best policy ideas for entrepreneurial growth to a collection of "Policy Pundits." Viewers will vote for their favorite.
The Washington Wonks
- Donald Marron, director of Economic Policy Initiatives, Urban Institute
- Will Marshall, founder and president, Progressive Policy Institute
- Megan McArdle, columnist, Bloomberg View, and author of The Up Side of Down
The Policy Pundits
- Bo Cutter, senior fellow and director of the Next American Economy Project, Roosevelt Institute
- Rana Foroohar, assistant managing editor and columnist, Time
- Christopher Schroeder, entrepreneur, venture investor, and author of Startup Rising
- Noon EST: State of Entrepreneurship Address
- 12:15 p.m. EST: Break for Luncheon
- 12:45 p.m. to 2 p.m. EST: Panel Discussion and Audience Vote