TECH THROW DOWNS
Do you think you have what it takes to impress the nation's top security officials? Are you a big thinker with ideas that can change the way our nation looks at national security?
Don't miss the Ballston Innovation Initiative's Tech Throwdowns, two exclusive opportunites to show off your ideas and technology to our region's national security leaders for the chance to win cash prizes and connect with some of the top security minds in our region.
How it Works
- Register for the Commercialization and Technology Transition on June 15 or the Homeland Security Throwdown on June 22. Both events will take place at the Virginia Tech Research Center in Arlington.
- You will be grouped into teams of three to four (or you may pre-arrange teams with existing peers or colleagues). You will have the opportunity to network beforehand and begin forming teams prior to grouping. This will be your working group for the duration of the throwdown.
- Each team will receive a briefing from a member of the designated government agency on a new technology being developed and/or a specific technology challenge they are currently facing. After the briefing, you'll break into your teams for a brainstorming session to identify ways of to solve the issues presented. At the end of this session, each team will submit a one-page description of their idea to the Throwdown judges.
- After all teams have submitted their descriptions, the judges will deliberate and choose FOUR finalist teams from each category.
- The selected finalists will then prepare five-minute presentations on their ideas to present to the panel.
- Following presentations, the judges will choose two winners in each category. First and second place winners in each category are eligible for cash prizes.
This is the first event of its kind in the DMV region and a rare opportunity to interact with some of the top security and defense minds in the nation - and it's all happening in Arlington. If you think your idea has what it takes, you can't afford to miss this event!
Tech Throwdowns events are brought to you by the Ballston Innovation Initiative's partnership with Arlington Economic Development and Virginia Tech's National Capital Region. Below are links with detailed descriptions and registration information for each throwdown. Space is limited, so assure your place today by registering for one or both throwdowns.
- Tech Throwdown: Commercialization and Technology Transition
- Tech Throwdown: Homeland Security
Learn More: TECH THROW DOWNS