Video Highlights of the Translational Medicine Alliance Forum
Jonathan Ortmans, President, Public Forum Institute
The 2010 Translational Medicine Alliance Forum, hosted by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation, the Council for American Medical Innovation and Faster Cures, convened industry leaders to help facilitate a better understanding of effective models enabling and accelerating the progress of translating scientific research into patient treatment focusing on three key elements:
- Identify strategies and platforms to improve early stage commercialization of highly innovative technologies
- Discuss the future of research and regulation for translational medicine
- Enhance communication between top medical universities, major research foundations, and other stakeholder groups
Video footage from the 2010 is now available. Breakout sessions feature experts from across life sciences,government, philanthropy, and medical industry, such as:
- Aneesh Chopra, United States chief technology officer.
- Franklyn G. Prendergast, MD, PhD, director, Eli Lilly Company, and director, Mayo Clinic Center for Individualized Medicine.
- Usama Malik, vice president of Worldwide Innovation, Pfizer Inc.
- Lesa Mitchell, vice president, Advancing Innovation, Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- Margaret A. Anderson, executive director, FasterCures/The Center for Accelerating Medical Solutions.
- Sharon Begley, science editor, Newsweek.
The keynote presenter was journalist and best-selling author David Ewing Duncan, who released the “ Personalized Health Manifesto ” in conjunction with the forum. As I discussed last week in this blog, the manifesto takes direct aim at the challenges of integrating and implementing personalized health care in the United States for a new age of health care.
comments powered by